Saturday 6 March 2010

Tested ideas with Jo and Rabbit

I have created some tests for the poster and digi pak. I took an idea from one of the adverts i saw in Rocksound magazine for LostProphets, and digitall manipulated my own personal idea for it.
I used photographs of Jo (our main character) as I thought this would work well in promoting the band. These photos were studio based. They were initially taken for another subject so I shall not be using these as finals. I understand that I cannot do this. However these were the only photographs I had of Jo so I thought I would do some tests. I think they work well but I also think not using a model can work well.


This was my 'final' result from the tests i produced. I like the layout of this one and the editing I did on it. I like how the colours are quite simple and neutral.








I like the layout on this one also as it is off central. It gives the viewer more to look at and your eyes follow the page. It is quite simple again though I feel that there is too much space left in the advert.

I decided to create a digi pak front cover based on the same idea as the posters I created. I think it works well, but on the other hand my group and I have already decided to use the rabbit mask. Also, with difficulty to get into the college studio it would probably be best to not get too involved in getting a photograph of Jo. Location work could be effective but I think the rabbit mask works well too so we will stick with that idea.


I like the central aspect of this cover. I used green and white text to correspond with the rest of the cover, and I think this has worked very well. The green does not blend too much into the background, and as it has been manipulated a lot through photoshop this works well. I altered the saturation to allow the grass to be less green, and I burnt the edges to make the cover more centralised.


I did the same editing skills on this cover again, but i used the rabbit mask photo from the earlier tests I did. This time I cut around the rabbit and moved it accross the image. I then used the clone stamp tool to repatch the grass. I altered the opacity on the song title so it wasn't all so bold. Bold is good but I like the subtlety of this.

Going back to my earlier tests, I think this works well. I created a simple cover with simple text and a simple layout. I think it looks good but also a little boring.

This was a poster i created when i though of adding the digi pak cover to the poster. Adverts do this a lot of the time so I thought I would try this idea myself. I think it works well in terms of promotion, though I do not personally like the layout and colours of this poster. It is too simple and I prefer the poster that was discussed before.








No comments:

Post a Comment