Friday 30 April 2010

Evaluation question 1


1. In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (i.e. music video).

Voice over commentary
Breakdown of video:







Overall I feel that our music video does follow forms and conventions of real media products, but there could be some definate improvements, such as a more varied and professional selection of camera shots.










Breakdown of ancillary products:


Overall I think that our advertisement does follow the forms and conventions of real media products.


Overall I feel that our digi pak follows forms and conventions of real media products, though there could be some slight improvements.


Overall:




Video




Digi pak



Poster



Overall throughout this entire project I have acquired skills in both filming and editing. Learning how to use iMovie and a professional recording camera is very helpful and beneficial for in the future as I am focussing on a media career after college.
I have very much enjoyed this project, though there are some things that I would most definately improve on. For instance, I would improve on my time management as that ruined a lot of my project; some things were rushed and I felt that I did not complete some tasks to the best of my ability. I also feel that the filming of our music video did not maintain enough priority in our group and therefore that is why it is not as good as it should be. My favourite part about the project was designing the final digi pak and poster; I really enjoy creative art and putting things together so that they are visually attractive.
Overall I do not think that our music video was a success, as I feel that our initial idea of following a band on a day to day life sequence would have been more effective and a lot less hassle and stress. Poor communication in our group is the reason for this. I also feel that we as a group jumped into too many ideas too quickly; no in depth research or decisions were made because the final decision kept being re-arranged. I would most definately change this group communication if I were to do this project again.
Each product in my opinion is good, though as said before the music video could be altered, maybe even re-filmed. It does, on the other hand, apply to our chosen genre and also links to our target audience. Through research and testing we finally came to these products, which follow real media conventions and are all over effective as individual products. Audience feedback showed that each product was more than above average, which is positive feedback and very reassuring to know at the end of our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment