Monday 1 February 2010

Questionnaire results



I have put my results into a table.
From this i can distinguish what genre of music would be the best to follow through with my project. I shall compare these results to the rest of my groups so we can discuss what we think would make a successful project.
In my questionnaire I interviewed 10 people, 5 female and 5 male. I thought this way i could see which gender I should be aiming my product for. From my results it is clear to see that the majority of people watch music videos (for what ever reason) and also download music. This helps me because I can see who i should be aiming to my product at. There were a few questions about concerts, and I feel that this is relevent because the reason that people go to concerts is because of how they know of a band, which is through advertisement (digi pak, etc.)
The most popular of the genres was rock and indie. Not far behind was pop and rnb. This has allowed me to assure that I shall focus my project around either rock, indie or pop. Pop rock or indie pop could work well in my opinion.
Between advertisement and understanding the track, the results were very similar. Top of the results was to entertain. From this I can conclude that my music video should be more based on entertaining the viewer rather than simply advertising the band. On the other hand I think I could incorporate both. For instance the Digipak and advertisement can be more purely advert based.
From my results I have found out that people prefer music videos to be in colour, and to be narrative. This goes against what I initially thought could make a good music video, but on the other hand I know that this is only a small selection of people who might have different taste to others.
I shall consider this research when mindmapping ideas to gather a clearer perspective on what to do for my project.



I picked some of the more important of questions and placed them into graphs to show the difference in results.

No comments:

Post a Comment